Compact, affordable, and easy to use, the BLItz® system makes label-free kinetic assays truly accessible. Simple workflows using a drop of sample and a microfluidics-free design let you run kinetic assays at your own lab bench with ease - and get rate and affinity constants for binding interactions (ka, kd, KD) in minutes.
The BLItz system's manual, single-sample format is ideal for labs that only want to analyze a few samples at a time. Need to detect a wider range of targets or have higher throughput needs? Compare the BLItz system to ForteBio's automated systems.
- Protein-protein interactions. Measure affinity and rate constants of protein interactions. This information is critical to various applications such as determining mechanism of action and systems biology in early research.
- Protein quality through binding assays. Test the quality of expressed proteins in crude lysates by checking the binding profile against an antigen. This eliminates the significant time and effort involved in purifying the expressed protein prior to analysis with traditional methods.
- Manufacturing/QC. Measure kinetic binding profiles to probe the quality of manufactured protein drugs, including lot-to-lot testing.
Application and Technical Notes
- Technical Note 28: Biotinylation of Protein for Immobilization onto Streptavidin Biosensors
- Tips and Tricks for Developing a Kinetics Assay on the BLItz System
- BLItz Kinetics Course Part 1: Introduction and Discussion About Assay Development
- BLItz Kinetics Course Part 2: Running Kinetics Assay on the BLItz system
- Scientific publications on the BLItz system can be browsed by application area or pinpointed by keyword search here.